- The Flat Head TEKS are excellent for self drilling where you want a nicely finished Pan Head.
- Grade 410 Bright Hardened Stainless Steel used in self-drilling (Tek) screws intended for steel substrates is a Martensitic alloy containing 12% chromium but no nickel.
- It is therefore somewhat less resistant to corrosive attack than the 300 Series grades. The reason for this is 300 series isn't hard enough to keep a drill point.
- It is magnetic and is hardenable by heat treatment which gives it the mechanical properties necessary to penetrate most metallic materials.
- It is recommended that these fasteners be used in thinner material.
- These fasteners are most popular for use in Aluminum.
- Pan head tek screws stainless steel, 410 ss tek screws, 410 Stainless Steel tek screws