- SOLD BY THE PIECE.
- Extra Thick Jam Nuts
- 1"8 Heavy Jam Nut
- Flats 1-5/8" Height 35/64"
- 18-8 / 304 Stainless Steel
- Contact Our Sales Department For Bulk Pricing.
- Heavy Jam Nuts are Stronger and Thicker than a Regular Hex Jam Nut.
- A Heavy Jam Nut is used on a Propeller Shaft and are paired with a Heavy Hex Nut. This Combination is Used to Secure the Propeller on The Shaft. This Hex and Jam Combination is the Staple of the Marine Propulsion Industry.
- Heavy Jam Nuts are Also Used on Hex Bolts and Carriage Bolts Where a Heavier Jam Hex Nut is needed for Strength.
- Thick Jam Nuts Can Fit Into Smaller Area or Clearance Where a Finish Nut Might Not Fit. Secondly, They Can be "Jammed" Against Another Nut in Order to Act as a Lock Method.
- Also Known as a Jam Nut, Locking Nut, and Locknut.
- 18-8 Stainless Steel Includes 303 & 304 Grades.
- Right Hand Thread, UNC