- The Hex Washer Head TEKS are used for self drilling in thin gauge metals.
- They are used primarily in the Metal Fabrication and construction trades.
- Made from Grade 410 Bright Hardened Stainless Steel used in self-drilling (Tek) screws intended for steel substrates is a Martensitic alloy containing 12% chromium but no nickel.
- It is therefore somewhat less resistant to corrosive attack than the 300 Series grades.
- The reason for this is 300 series isn't hard enough to keep a drill point.
- It is magnetic and is hardenable by heat treatment which gives it the mechanical properties necessary to penetrate most metallic materials.
- It is recommended that these fasteners be used in thinner material.
- These fasteners are most popular for use in Aluminum.
- Stainless Steel Tek Screws, Tek Screws stainless steel, 410 stainless tek screws