All hangers in this series have double-shear nailing. This innovation distributes the load through two points on each joist nail for greater strength. It also allows the use of fewer nails, faster installation, and the use of standard nails for all connections.
- Use Type 316 stainless-steel nails with our stainless-steel connector products.
- Nails must be driven at an angle through the joist or truss into the header to achieve the table loads.
- 16d sinkers (0.148" dia. x 3 1/4" long) may be used where 10d commons are specified with no reduction in load. Where 16d commons are specified, 10d commons or 16d sinkers (0.148" dia. x 3 1/4" long) may be used at 0.85 of the table load
- With 3x carrying members, use 16d x 2 1/2" nails into the header and 16d commons into the joist with no load reduction.
- With 2x carrying members, use 10d x 1 1/2" nails into the header and 10d commons into the joist, reduce the load to 0.64 of the table value.